Celtilait nutritional team carries trials and develops feeds and new feeding techniques for veal and rearing calves.
This team works on 3 strategic priorities :
Characterization of animal needs
- Determine ingestion speed and growth
- Control consumption :
- Optimize ingestion capacity
- Improve appetite
- Manage feed efficiency :
- Maximize ingestion
- Secure intestinal integrity
- Define feed needs
Meeting the needs of animals
- Qualify raw materials used
- Forecast raw materials conversion by animals
- Manage industrial manufacturing process
Improve the quality and feed safety
- Improve the products quality from the meat and dairy sectors
- Improve the products security from the meat and dairy sectors
Different methods are used
Celtilait feeds and techniques are tested in our experimental farms
- Veal calves : 2 farms of 200 places each.
- Rearing calves : 3 farms (= 180 calves).